Wednesday, January 6, 2010

HoOrAy FoR tHe NeW yEaR


After a whirlwind November and December we are finally settled into our new home. I guess were technically not the Stansbury Stephens anymore, but it will always be a part us. It most definitely was a place I will always hold close to my heart because my kids were little there. We also made what I hope will be some lifelong friends.

Our Christmas vacation was sooo nice. I loved having Marina home. We got to sleep in, prepare for Christmas, and the kids spent hours on end playing with each other.

We are right at home here in our new house and we LOVE our ward. Everyone has been so welcoming. A huge bonus is living just a block away from my parents with the benefit of being in an entirely different LDS stake. Now we've lived in 3 different houses and 3 different wards/stakes all on the same street. Perhaps we were just meant to be here.

My new year involves focusing on my family, the gospel, and getting my house completely organized. I've also been doing better in keeping my personal journal and reading the scriptures. There are always so many 'to do's' that I think of when the new year rolls around and I can get overwhelmed, but I'm determined to take one day at a time and do one thing at a time. I can do this!



2 comments:

jen said...

i can't believe i haven't stopped by yet. i'm a really crappy friend! now that dec. is over, i think i can breath again. i'd love to get together soon!

Cristy said...

I am glad you are in your new home and that you are enjoying it. I hope you have a wonderful new year!