Friday, November 30, 2007

Cram-mus

Roman's 2 year old way of saying "Christmas" is Cram-mus. That made me think that for many years I've felt like it really is Cram-mus. I "cram" to get all of this holiday stuff done: buying presents, parties, going to see lights, more thinking of what to buy so-and-so, treats for the neighbors, and a whole bunch of stress. I'm more than happy when I can say goodbye and take the tree down. I want to stop that this year and truly enjoy. Yes, I still have all that same stuff to do, but I want to just take one day at a time and really feel Christmas. Wish me luck!

Today we are watching Christmas movies.

2 comments:

Stephens Family said...

I agree - once we become adults (and especially moms), it's hard to feel the magic of Christmas. I've decided to simplify this year - we'll pick a few things that we REALLY want to do, and I have to realize that things aren't going to be like a page out of Martha Stewart's magazine. Then hopefully I'll be able to pause every once in awhile and share the excitement with my girls!

jen said...

I hope you can really enjoy Christmas too. I LOVE the holidays but you are right, it is hard to enjoy them sometimes as an adult. My ward is doing a 12 days of Christmas thing where each sister draws someone to do the 12 days for. I was like HELLO not another thing to add to my list! I opted out of that one.