My favorite month has flown by. The weather has been gorgeous and I've stayed mostly close to home, just letting the kids play with friends outside while I read a book or clean. Ahhh...the life ;)
I think I could handle October for at least another month. We've had some fun and scary happenings. Here's a list of a few.
Gardner Village with Aunt Kellie and cousins Kiera, Makenna, and Kasidee. Followed by lunch, a hike, and play time in the creek at our favorite secret park. Can you believe we had a whole park to ourselves on a UEA day? It's true.
Hiking Adam's Canyon to see a spectacular waterfall. This proved to be a difficult hike especially with the kids, but we made it and it was worth all of the beautiful fall scenery. It was a rocky and steep two mile hike to the top and the kids walked most of the way. I even think Marina (with Kiera and Corbin) took the lead and beat all of us by 20 minutes. On the way back Roman kept whining and saying that he wanted to go home. In the few places where I could carry him piggy-back he would say how he wished we could walk forever. Kids!
Two days ago we found some true Halloween spiders literally "hanging" out in the garage. YIKES! I won't go into the details. I just hope there aren't anymore lurking around. Marina is terrified of the garage and spiders now. I don't blame her.
I been watching the tree across the street turn colors. Most of the green is gone now, but it's quite a sight. I feel so lucky to look at this tree everyday from my window.
We went to the school Halloween Carnival. Marina had fun doing the cake walk, but was disappointed to not win a cake. It was fun anyway. I enjoyed spending time with her.
Pictures will be coming.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
October
Posted by The Stansbury Stephens at 11:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you've had some fun, minus the scary garage spiders. It sure was fun catching up a little on the phone the other day or was that today? I've lost track of time.
Good to see you're back in Blog World! I swear, betweeen email and blogs, it's the only way I can keep up with friends and family!! Hopefully we can see you guys "in person" soon - hope you're having a Happy Halloween!
Post a Comment