My little girl is growing up sooo fast. I don't know if I can stand it. One thing that gives me comfort...something that I just came to realize recently as I looked through some photos of her growing up is this: even though I miss so much about past years, I recognize her more and more for who she is today. I knew that little person back then for what she was then. I don't know as much anymore of the little baby or girl in the old pictures like I know the person that stands before me now. And that's the way it should be. Still...I'll never know how any mother gets by without photo's of her kids growing up. I suppose it's a blessing and a curse either way.
I've been able to reflect a little about Marina as she prepares for baptism and was asked to write a spotlight for the ward newsletter which I've included below.
*note somethings have been modified
I've been able to reflect a little about Marina as she prepares for baptism and was asked to write a spotlight for the ward newsletter which I've included below.
*note somethings have been modified
Spotlight on Marina
This past year has been quite an adjustment for Marina. Her family moved from her previous home to her grandparents house and finally to a new home here. However, her ability to easily make new friends helped her adjust to a new home, new ward, and new school. She has also very much looked forward to turning 8 and getting baptized.
Currently she attends second grade at (a certain) Elementary and participates in the (a certain) Dance Company. She uses her creativity to write and illustrate stories, make up songs and dances, or act out movies. She also loves spending time playing with her brothers Roman and Isaac and her cat Whiskers.
The name Marina suits her as she loves water whether it be winter or summer. In fact she taught herself how to swim at the age of five and spends most of her summers swimming. And when there is snow on the ground she’s been known to put on her bathing suit and run around in it. Even camping is a favorite since she doesn’t mind the ice cold river.
Some of her other favorites include: Halloween and Christmas, the color blue, watching movies, being with cousins, one very special doll, and chocolate!
Marina is a sweet girl with an adventurous spirit and a smile that brightens all who know her. Her brothers and parents love her so much and are proud of her decision to be baptized.
Currently she attends second grade at (a certain) Elementary and participates in the (a certain) Dance Company. She uses her creativity to write and illustrate stories, make up songs and dances, or act out movies. She also loves spending time playing with her brothers Roman and Isaac and her cat Whiskers.
The name Marina suits her as she loves water whether it be winter or summer. In fact she taught herself how to swim at the age of five and spends most of her summers swimming. And when there is snow on the ground she’s been known to put on her bathing suit and run around in it. Even camping is a favorite since she doesn’t mind the ice cold river.
Some of her other favorites include: Halloween and Christmas, the color blue, watching movies, being with cousins, one very special doll, and chocolate!
Marina is a sweet girl with an adventurous spirit and a smile that brightens all who know her. Her brothers and parents love her so much and are proud of her decision to be baptized.

4 comments:
Happy Birthday Marina!
she is so tall, supermodel supertall. Happy Birthday Marina!
What a great tribute! I agree whole heartedly!
I can't believe Marina is already 8 years old!!! She looks so mature in that picture too! Wow, how time flies. Great tribute! Your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment