





Today I wanted to visit the Rock Loft where they were dressing up as witches. Many times I will make excuses about 'not' going somewhere because it's too far or too much trouble with the kids etc. Today however I decided to buck up and just do it. I was so proud of myself for actually getting organized and getting the kids in the car with plans to meet Kellie there. Then, all of the sudden there was a dead halt on the freeway. A wreck about a mile off. We sat without moving for at least a half hour. I already knew the trip was over. We'd turn around and head home. But, as I exited at Saltair I had an idea. Let's go visit the marina. I thought we'd just snap a quick photo since Isaac was sleeping, but Marina and Roman wanted to get out and walk around. They were so excited to see the boats, especially the 'pirate boat'. And some of the men even looked like pirates (you can kind of see them through the flag). Lucky for us the owner of the boat with the pirate flag helped us through the gate and invited the kids on board. He even offered to have us come back sometime with Corbin for a free ride. The view from the lookout was beautiful and I'd really like to watch the sunset from there sometime. Hmmm...that's a great date idea. I highly recommend this little detour. I had to tear my kids away after and hour and a half. Plus, it was only $2 per car. Very worth it!
Monday, September 8, 2008
Detour
Posted by The Stansbury Stephens at 8:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can we come next time? Looks like the perfect detour with kids. Fun. You are such a fun mom!!!!!
You're right - you did have a fun detour! So the "trip" wasn't wasted after all!
Post a Comment