Tuesday, September 30, 2008

a little break

My mother-in-law offered to watch the kids for my birthday. Since I had a dentist appointment on Monday I had her watch them then. After dropping the boys off I drove toward the hills of Bountiful and my soul just sighed. I was home and felt such peace. My eyes wandered over the colors of fall as the sunlight played with the trees- so many trees! I think I've been reading too much lately. I regretted not bringing any walking shoes. A drive would have to suffice. First the dentist and then a little drive. So nice. Like I said , only a walk would have been better (and no check up). Then I made a stop at Kiva for a raspberry lemonade that tasted like a strawberry Starburst. Yum! Oh, and a thick slice of honey wheat bread smothered with butter from Great Harvest. A lovely brunch that filled me the rest of the day. While consuming that I headed for EmilyJayne's to browse the antiques and see if I could find any treasures. I did find one little glass candy dish that I couldn't pass up for $3. Such a nice little two hour break. I think I need to remember to take more of these.

2 comments:

jen said...

Nothing is more refreshing to a mom than a little break where you get to do anything you want. That sounds perfect. I'm glad you had a nice time. Happy Birthday. Sorry that I suck with remembering birthdays but Happy Birthday!

Stephens Family said...

Oooh, sounds SO nice (you're so descriptive)! I want to be there, too! Glad you had a nice break - you deserve it.