
This is an article I found a few years ago and saved. Every now and then I read it again. This is my year to de-clutter, organize and simply: SIMPLIFY! I have gotten rid of so much and just continue to do so. It's become addictive. I feel good about it though and getting rid of stuff has really helped clear my head a little. I still have a ways to go, but I'm taking one step at a time. I stopped to think about much of the stuff I have let go of this year and ask myself if I miss any of it. I guess there are a few things that I have a twinge of guilt about, but a feeling of peace comes over me knowing that I don't need any of it. I find that the more I detach myself from material possessions the less I care about them or the more I take care of what I do have and what I do truly treasure. What I truly treasure most is my family and I want that to be my focus. This article also talks about being conscience of what we purchase. I really like all of the information here. Hopefully it will help someone else who reads it too.
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Simplify
Posted by The Stansbury Stephens at 4:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Simplify! Sounds good. It's quite a process. I love what you wrote. I'm going to read those articles. Thanks for sharing.
Nikki,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Geez, you're old!! I hope yours was fun and I hope you ate lots of candy. Mmmm, candy...
I love you!
Well, once again you've inspired me! I felt like I simplified a LOT when we moved, and then again when we got settled.... But there's always something to get rid of! During the last 2 days I've been getting rid of old toys to make room for what Santa will bring (kind of ironic, huh?). This time of year gets me excited to streamline and de-clutter. There's nothing compared to the feeling of "living simply!" :)
P.S. Now I've just gotta get Q motivated to clean out his shop! It's been bugging me since we moved in!
Post a Comment