Monday, September 24, 2007

What Happened to Fall?


SO, I'm wondering where Fall went? My house is freezing, it's 50's outside, a dusting of snow is on the tops of the mountains....Will we ever be able to go outside again? This is a picture I took last year of the tree across the street. I have a great view of it out of my kitchen window. It's already starting to change.

Well, life is getting crazy around here. Where to begin? Roman has been sick for over a week now. I think the fever has finally broken, but now he's got a nasty cough. Isaac is getting now too. Isaac has also been teething for the past three weeks and two bottom teeth are finally poking through now. Hopefully he will start to calm down a bit. To add to all of this, Corbin is busy with work 16 hours a day 7 days a week. Maybe I'll see him in the Spring.

Roman I will say is my little gentleman. He waits for me to sit down to the table before he starts eating. I'll fix his food and tell him to eat and for 5 minutes he'll be urging me to sit down. The first time he did this he just sat quietly at the table for 10 minutes until I sat down and then he said "eat now?". How sweet of him to wait for me and I didn't even realize it until I noticed he hadn't touched his food, but had been patiently waiting. I think maybe he's the only one who ever did that for me. And he's only two. His world is very black and white right now. I got in trouble the other day for turning right on a red light. When he said something like, "awww, don't go, not green ", I had to laugh. Then he told me to stop laughing and that it wasn't funny. That only made me laugh more because I was thinking "how am I going to explain to a two year old that it's ok to turn right on a red.

Isaac as I mention is getting his first two teeth and he's also coming close to being able to sit alone. He can roll onto his stomach and onto his back again. No more leaving him on the bed. He loves his bath time and splashes water all over the place. He went in for his four month appointment last week. He is 14.4 lbs. and 26 inches long. Long and lean.

I fell down yet again the other day. My neighbor, Ashley, and I were putting things away in the circle when I must have looked another direction and Roman rode a bike right in front of me. I started to fall and almost got corrected, but fell anyway. I felt like Clark Kent. It all happened so fast yet somehow I had time to think "oh, no, I'm holding Isaac so I need to fall this way." So I knew I had to roll at the last second or his head was going to be a mashed potato. I think he was only startled. I on the other hand have two scraped knees, a torn up finger, and a bruised leg. Roman got a few scrapes too. Ashley took Isaac from me so I could comfort Roman. I'm so tired of being a klutz.

Marina loves school. I don't know what more to day about that.

I'm thinking about turning this into my journal. Up until now I have kept a journal for each of my kids, but now I'm finding that the stories overlap and I just need to be keeping one. I'd like to keep one for myself that's a bit more personal so I'm trying to figure out how to do that.

Anyway, the sun has come out now, so maybe we still have a hope for fall. Don't forget to start thinking about your Halloween costumes. I think my kids want to be the same thing they were last year. Fine with me!

2 comments:

Stephens Family said...

I'm so impressed - your blog has really "taken off!" You're helping to inspire me to do more with my blog....

jen said...

I've loved using my blog as a journal. I've tried other journaling techniques and they don't work for me. I might not add everything I would in a personal blog but atleast I'm doing anything at all. I LOVE fall but I need it go from summer to fall not summer to freakin' winter. Caleb wants to be the same thing this year for Halloween too. Here comes Superman, again! I'm sorry you guys have been sick & sorry about the fall. Nice save for little Isacc.