Sunday, July 27, 2008

MIRROR LAKE



July 8th & 9th
I think I love the mountains more than any other place in this world, except home. We took this little camping trip to Mirror Lake for only one night, but already I want to go back. Then I remind myself why we didn't stay longer and I still don't care, but want to go back and try again. Maybe another time would be different? Camping with kids is dirty,crazy, exhausting, and a ton of work (especially with Isaac), but we've made good memories. This was the first time we went all by ourselves. We knew going in that it would be a learning experience to take note of what we are missing and to see if we could do it again. We could have stayed longer, and as we packed up, Isaac finally entertained himself with some rocks. I wondered then if we should have stayed, but again there were other factors, even though we could have survived longer if need be.

Isacc got to ride, but the rest of us walked all around the whole lake. It was beautiful and the temperature was around 70. We had fun with what time we had and I can't wait to go again!

1 comments:

Stephens Family said...

Good for you for braving the camping thing solo. There's nothing like camping to make family memories (even though it is dirty and exhausting!!) What cute pics - I love the slideshow! What a beautiful place - maybe you can squeeze in another quick trip before Summer's over.