Lately I keep finding new blogs to add to my Snoopin' Around section. I'm especially in love with prettylittlethings. I keep finding wonders at every corner and truly fun ideas. Each blog I visit tends to lead me to another and then another from that...it goes on and on. It's quite addictive and the more I look, the more I too want to create my own pretty little things. Now where to start. I have so many ideas that I'm just not sure. My mind becomes so overloaded that I just sit and continue to look at all of these fun blogs.
One thing I did do is conquer my fear of trying something new by making homemade salsa. This may sound simple to some, but for me it was quite intimidating. I had to buy cilantro and garlic. Yikes! Then the bottle of garlic was bagged with some heavy items and all of it broke though the plastic sack (my fault for not using my "green" bags) and fell onto the garage floor. Thus the bottle of garlic broke. Luckily, Macey's replaced it. And...I had to cut up the jalapeno peppers from my neighbor. I did finally get the job done while Isaac napped and the kids played. Whew!
Odds and Ends-
We got bunk beds for the kids and moved their old bed to the other room so that Isaac can use it. I've had quite a few horrible nights of sleep lately. I'm hoping it will get better.
My cousin was married last week and we attened the dinner reception which was Chinese traditional since both the bride and groom have Asian ties. Very fitting with the Olympics going on in China. I must say, I've never had an experience quite like it before. I did try something new though.
Marina stared the first grade. I'm glad it's here. She seems to like it as well. Now if we could just get rid of the mosquitoes and the heat. Both have been horrible lately. Even in the middle of a very hot day I will get a few bites within minutes.
Not much in the way of our house selling. We've had a few showings this past month, but nothing too promising. We're just waiting for the right buyer. They're out there. I'm telling myself that I'm OK either way, but really I want to move on the the home we picked for the Farmington lot. I can't wait to see how that neighborhood turns out. If this isn't the answer for us, I know something better is waiting.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Blogger LOVE
Posted by The Stansbury Stephens at 2:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dang garlic bottle. When something like that happens to me it seems to continue all day long. Blogs are wonderful. Forget magazine subscriptions when you can find cool blogs that don't have all the advertisements. Nice job on making salsa! It's a pretty simple recipe. I have tons of tomatoes so come grab some when you are doing a drive by the Farmington lot. I found out that the house in my neighborhood appraised at 410,000 & that is what they are asking for now. Just an option for ya....:). I'm sure they'd lower it. They have a huge lot and a cool swing set & it's a super duper fun place for kids to grow up.
Congrats on the salsa - I admire your bravery! You'll have to share your recipe. Oh, and some pics of the new bunk beds. I bet the kids love 'em.
Post a Comment