Friday, August 22, 2008

The DI Provides!

I went to the DI the other day. I haven't been there in a while and frankly I avoid it sometimes for fear I'll find too many things 'I simply cannot live without'. It's not that I buy dumb stuff I don't need, but I feel particularly good about my finds this time. Skip to #5 for the best one.

1. Toys for the kids- ones they actually played with for more than a day. The DI .25 cent toys got at least 2 days worth compared to the brand new toys that are discarded after a few hours.

2. A brand new book- A New Dawn by Dean Hughes. I love his books! This one is about the Great Depression which I'm fascinated with. I can't wait to read it.

3. A Bugs Life- A movie I've wanted to buy for the kids and for only a few dollars. Who cares if it's VHS. And Jen I always think of you when it comes to VHS vs DVD. Sometimes they are easier.

4. A Willie Nelson Christmas CD. I do love Willie so I'll give it a whirl.

5. And best of all a glass cake plate just like the one I already have. I knew Tanielle wanted one and I'd even emailed her recently about the same one for sale on line, but I guess I went to the DI on the right day because there it was- just sitting there waiting for me to buy it and give it to her. Pure Providence! Check out her blog for a great picture. It looks great in her kitchen too.

Yes, over the past few years I have found some great treasures. Lovely dresses for Marina, other clothing items for me that I still wear, bikes in very good condition, and a few other fabulous things that I simply love and can't believe I found there. So...here's to the DI!

2 comments:

jen said...

I need to check out DI more often. I finally gave all my VHS movies to my mom because the kids were always shoving stuff in the VCR & I was sick of the clutter of the movies. DVDs are annoying too though because they get scratched. I don't buy movies often, but I think I'm done for good because it's a waste of money. I bought a toy lawn mower at the Tooele DI and my kids still play with it all the time.

Tanielle said...

Thanks tons for the cake plate Nikki! I love the DI, great finds! Love the new background for your blog too! Very cute!