At one point this summer I felt guilty for not enrolling the kids in swimming lessons. Marina taught herself last summer but, this year she wanted to jump off the diving board. With the help of a life jacket she has but, I wasn't going to pay fifty cents for a life jacket 2-3 times a week and I couldn't really find one I liked enough to buy. And... I'd really rather have them know their limits than depend on a life jacket (no offense to others who use them, I totally get it). Then Friday I suggested she try the diving board without the life jacket. No problem! I'm so relieved and she so excited to be able to jump and swim in the deep end. She even ventured to the bottom for a swim ring. When I tried the pressure hurt my ears. Guess I'm getting old. I'm so glad she enjoys swimming like I did as a kid. YAY!!
Monday, August 4, 2008
My Little Swimmer
Posted by The Stansbury Stephens at 3:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow - she's always been a brave one! I'm glad she likes the water so much - her name really suits her!! :o)
She's looking so tall. My poor children only get to swim when they are in swimming lessons. As you know, I'm a chicken when it comes to taking them to a pool. Even though Caleb can swim pretty good I still get nervous and make him wear a life jacket. I need to relax!
Post a Comment