Friday, August 1, 2008

PoPcOrN

Roman was eating popcorn the other night when he asked if it was ok to eat this piece. When I said he could, he said he didn't want it. When I asked why he stated, "Because it's bald." For some reason he's had issues with baldness and facial hair lately. He's always asking my neighbor, Ken aka The Sucker Man, why he's bald (he shaves his head). One day I overheard him ask this, "Why you have a beard? Because you don't love anybody?" I still haven't figured that one out. His little mind gets so troubled over things that he shouldn't even be worrying about right now. When I suggest he's growing up and getting bigger, he pouts and says he wants to be my little boy forever and never grow up. It must be a stage.

As a side note- I think this is the perfect piece of popcorn. How would it be to have a whole bowl full of them?


I've started to learn how to crochet. Even though I've gotten a few extra rows beyond this point, I don't think I'm doing it right. I will learn. I have to. Marina's been bugging me to try since we went to the humanitarian night where they were crocheting different items for babies born prematurely.

2 comments:

jen said...

Roman has always been a little old for his age. Does that make sense? I would love a bowl full of that popcorn. I just ate way too much popcorn at the movies though. Nice job on learning to crochet. I'm not sure I have the patience for that. Good luck to ya!

Stephens Family said...

Mmmm.... Now I'm craving popcorn. And I like popcorn whether it's bald or not! Roman is so creative and thoughtful - it will be interesting to see what he is when he "grows up."